A close relative of NHS founder Nye (Aneurin) Bevan has suffered an avoidable early death due to a life-threatening mistake made by two NHS trusts. Roderick Paul Bevan, the great…
- LLB (Hons) Law
“I couldn’t thank Mrs Bowerman enough, she has literally saved my life and changed it for the better. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.”
“It’s not often you find people as kind as you who go out their way to make things nicer for others. Your thoughtfulness is much appriciated and so are you.”
“Just to say a very big thanks for all you did for me over the years with my case.”
“Thank you for all your help with the tribunal.”
“May I take the opportunity to thank you for winning my case.”
“Thank you very much for helping me with my redundancy payment.”
Christine is Senior Associate Solicitor, joining JMP Solicitors in 2003.
After graduating with a First Class Honours Degree Christine completed her LPC at Nottingham Law School whilst working for the Woodland Trust in Grantham. Qualifying in 2003 she joined JMP and has remained ever since.
Christine has gained considerable experience in conducting higher value and complex personal injury claims including serious groin injuries, head injuries and Clinical Negligence cases which include misdiagnosis of cancer and negligent dental treatment.
Christine has an increasing caseload of Clinical Negligence cases and is tenacious in her pursuit of justice for her clients what ever the value of the claim.
- Baby N and mother vs Lincoln Hospital. The baby was born dead by C section after a long labour. The mother was not made aware of the babies difficulties and was left unattended for 11 hours (despite a registrar noting that the baby’s heart beat was critical and that the baby’s presentation was unusual.) The hospital initally denied responsibility but medical evidence reviewed post mortem revealed that the baby was viable and would have survived if an earlier intervention had been made.
- Mr A sustained a hernia work for which he had an operation. The operation was successful but the nerves were damaged and resulted in the client suffering tremendous pain whihc prevented him from working and will do so permanently unless a remedy for the pain can be found. Defendant sought to rely on medical evidence which it had served late without permission and Christine made an application to get the medical evidence struck out which was achieved. Claim settled for £625,000.
- Mrs L attended hospital for an injection into her neck to alleviate painful headaches, unfortunately the injection went into her spine and caused serious injury to the client. Funding was obtained via an insurance policy and the case proceeded and although negligence could not be proved settlement was achieved and the client was thrilled with the outcome. She wrote ” …..An enormous thank you for everything you have done I couldn’t have asked for any one better!!!” Best wishes JL
- Mrs M client injured when falling whilst at work, he was delighted with the settlement achieved and wrote “………….Just to say a very big thanks for all you did for me over the years with my case you well deserve this thanks from me”
- KB serious road traffic accident 50/50 contributory negligence as each party held responsible for the accident, settlement achieved in the sum of £125,000.
- Mr D H serious RTA settled in the sum of £270,000.
- Mrs M Clinical Negligence claim relating to a badly performed mastectomy, client over the moon with settlement achieved.