Just one year on from being one of only 11% of law firms in the country to be awarded the Lexcel accreditation, JMP Solicitors sailed through the onsite re-assessment. The…
- Chartered Legal Executive
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Director of JMP Solicitors
“Thank you so much again for all your help, it has taken a while but you and the team have always responded to my emails, given us excellent advice and taken the strain from us.”
“I feel you deserve a 10, because my case was dealt with very professionally. Every call was dealt with by the same person, which made things very easy. All in all a very good experience.”
“We would like to offer our congratulations (together with many others we guess) regarding your success in winning the appeal.
Well done for being a formidable advocate for owners with the problem.”
Samantha is a Director of the firm and a Chartered Legal Executive with over 10 years legal experience specialising in both claimant and defendant personal injury, including accidents at work, road traffic accidents, public and occupiers liability claims. She leads the team specialising in nuisance claims incurred from Japanese Knotweed and was the lead lawyer in a significant, landmark case of Williams v Network Rail which has changed the landscape on Japanese Knotweed claims for hundreds of householders.
Samantha has recovered compensation for a variety of injuries including soft tissue, crush, fractures and PTSD. She provides detailed and reasoned advice to clients and ensures that they receive the correct level of settlement for their claims whilst understanding their particular needs, with past clients having received settlements up to £200,000.
A keen litigator, Samantha excels within the litigation process and has been successful at many trials.
- Williams v Network Rail Sam was the lead lawyer on this significant, landmark ruling against Network Rail. She successfully argued that Network Rail had caused a nuisance and spolied the ‘quiet enjoyment’ winning compensation for property diminution and enforcing a treatment programme. The case was upheld in the Court of Appeal by the MAster of the Rolls and two other justices and was covered widely in the media.2018.
- Significant damages awarded on a Japanese Knotweed environmental claims. Sam was instructed by the claimant in a case of infestation of Japanese knotweed on their property. We argued that the council had been negligent in the removal and prevention of further spreading of this invasive plant. The matter was settled on the court steps with significant damages for diminution of the property value, nuisance and recovery of costs incurred.
- Samantha was part of the JMP Solicitors team acting on behalf of 35 injured passengers following an accident on a bus carrying Polish and Lithuanian workers travelling from Alton Towers back to the farm that employed them in Peterborough. One of the passengers died in the accident causing psychological problems as well as physical injury which was reflected in the compensation recovered. REPORTED IN THE NATIONAL NEWS