Families experiencing a change in circumstances can look to suggestions from family law experts whilst going through the difficult process of divorce and separation. Any change in family circumstances needs…
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Law Society Family Law Advanced Accreditation
- Accredited specialist lawyer with Resolution
- Accredited in Children Law
- Private and Advanced Financial Provision
“Neil, I can’t thank you enough, you have given me my life back”
“I am very happy with the service I received. It was brilliant and I can’t fault it at all.”
“Reception staff were very pleasant and friendly. Neil Remnant put me at ease and explained everything in layman’s terms and told me the costs at the beginning – no surprises later.”
“Neil was simply brilliant at his job. Without his knowledge and professional experience, I would not have got contact back with my two sons. Thank you Neil”
“Neil Remnant has been wonderful throughout the whole proceedings. He has kept me fully informed at all times and feel the service I have received has been excellent.”
Neil has vast experience in Family Law having been in practice since 1975. He has considerable knowledge of financial matters relating to matrimonial and family breakdown, having dealt with many such cases in the past; some with assets of over £5 million. He acted for the Petitioner in the first pension-sharing case to be approved by the Inland Revenue following the change in the law.
Neil also has expertise in Children Act matters particularly in Private Law Children cases relating to Residence, Contact and Leave to Remove from the Jurisdiction of the English Courts and general Divorce work. He is also experienced in advising cohabiting couples following separation. Pre-nuptial agreements are a specialism of his.
Neil is a Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives and also an Accredited Specialist of Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association) with particular specialisation in Advanced Financial Provision and Private Law Children matters.
In 2015, Neil became an accredited specialist on the Law Society’s Advanced Family Law panel which is presented to lawyers who have shown, to the satisfaction of the Law Society, that they have and will maintain a high level of knowledge, skills, experience and practice in selected, specialist areas of family law
- Neil was instructed by the father of one child at the beginning of June 2016. His client had been in a long term relationship with his partner for many years and whilst they had a child together, they had never married. The mother had started another relationship with a new partner and wished to move abroad to be with him and take the child with her. Within three weeks of instruction Neil successfully argued that the defendant withdraw the application. The DJ agreed and the child remained in the UK.
- Neil represented the petitioner in the first ever pension sharing case to be approved by the inland revenue. The case involved a claim against a business, property and pension investments.
- Neil acted for a Lincolnshire farmer dealing with a claim against him by his spouse for part of the farming business and property. Assets involved in the claim exceeded £2.5million.
- Neil has also represented the father in a successful case to stop the mother removing children from the jurisdiction of the English courts after a five day trial.
- Neil acted as lead lawyer in respect of a client in protecting a claim against assets which included company shares and other assets to the value of £900,000.
- Also numerous successful representations of fathers in residence of children applications.