Our personal injury litigation team are celebrating becoming a “recommended” firm, making them one of the top nine practices in the East Midlands. The team specialises in complex and high-value…
- Founding Member of JMP Solicitors
- LLB (Hons) Law
- Diploma in Bar Vocational Studies at Cardiff Law School – Awarded “Very Competent”
- Senior Litigator, Assoication of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Member of The Honorary Society of the Inner Temple
- Member of the IoD (Institute of Directors)
- Member of the Lincolnshire Law Society
Ian is the Managing Director of JMP Solicitors.
After graduating with an Honours degree in Law in 1997, Ian originally qualified as a Barrister before successfully re-qualifying as a Solicitor in 2000.
Ian worked for a leading international law firm before becoming one of the founding members of JMP Solicitors. Ian has extensive experience in complex claimant and defendant litigation including high value personal injury claims, clinical negligence, fatal injuries, industrial disease and accidents at work in addition to all aspects of commercial litigation.
In addition to Ian’s legal experience, he is also the Officer responsible for Compliance, Money Laundering and is the Principal in charge of the firm’s trainee solicitors.
- MA, Manchester: A senior partner from another law firm asked Ian to represent a 90-year old man who had been attacked and severely injured by another patient while in hospital. After a long battle with the Defendants, Ian secured £50,000 in compensation. He successfully argued that the hospital had failed in their duty of care when transferring the assailant to the same ward as the claimant; failed to follow security procedures once the assailant had become violent; failed to ensure staff had received adequate training ; that procedures were not followed and that onsite security had failed to respond promptly once the alarm had been raised.
- JS, Nottingham: Ian recovered a significant out of court settlement on behalf of a client who had suffered extensive electrical burns after his house had become “live” as a result of disturbed electrical supply to his premises. The case had been closed by the client’s previous solicitors and transferred to Ian who successfully argued that underground electrical cables had been laid at too shallow a depth and had been damaged by overhead traffic which had caused all electrical items in the client’s house to become “live.” The case was argued by the Defendants for over 4 years before liability was admitted. Ian was eventually able to recover damages 40 times greater than the original offer put forward by the Defendants in addition to obtaining private medical treatment for his client.
- MS, Lincolnshire: Ian successfully represented a client following a failed spinal operation which left the client with Meningitis and requiring a painful and protracted reversal operation, skin grafts and subsequent treatment for infection and scarring.
- CM, London: Ian represented the Editor of a well known fashion magazine after she sustained significant damage to her hair and scalp following negligent treatment at a leading London hair and beauty salon.
- RW, London: Recovered £250,000 on behalf of a child who sustained severe injuries to her arm after falling through an apartment window while on a family holiday at the Defendant’s resort. The case was transferred to Ian after the Defendants had previously denied responsibility for the accident for over 5 years.
- AE, Grantham: Recovered damages of £141,250 on behalf of a 73 year old engineer who, in the course of his employment, suffered severe leg injuries after being run over by a faulty forklift truck. Ian successfully defeated the Defendants argument that the Claimant was responsible for his own injury because of his technical experience and knowledge.
- TM, Liverpool: Recovered damages of £140,000 for a 65 year old Tank Sealer who developed contact dermatitis as a result of exposure to chemicals because of poor working conditions and inadequate protective clothing. The Claimant subsequently became sensitised to a large number of household products, clothing and toiletries.
- LJ, Essex: Recovered £30,500 on behalf of a child who was bitten by a dog despite the barrister advising the client that her claim was only worth £15,000 in damages.
- WH, Birmingham: Ian was part of a legal team that successfully recovered £3,250,000 on behalf of a child who sustained severe brain damage following an overdose of medication at birth.
- Cosmetic Cases: Ian has been instructed on an increasing number of cases in which claimants have suffered severe reactions to cosmetic products and treatments purchased over the counter or administered by hairdressers, beauticians and clinics.
- Commercial Litigation: Ian has advised on, and secured successful outcomes on behalf of individuals and companies, in disputes covering a broad spectrum of commercial disputes involving professional negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation, defamation, copyright and trademark infringement and debt recovery.